The acai berry It comes from a palm tree native to South America which grows mainly in Brazil.
Its fruit is a purple berry and has been studied in recent years due to its antioxidant capacity, including, according to the ORAC scale, Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, acai has greater antioxidant power than any other fruit (goji, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries).
It may interest you: Delay the signs of aging with these delicious antioxidant smoothies
Nutritional properties of acai berry
1. It is composed mainly of antioxidant substances, fiber (40%), iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E.
two. Among berries, this is the one with the highest content of essential fatty acids: omega 3, 6, 9, that is, ‘good fats’.
Do not miss: Antioxidants for all: which is the best for you?
Acai berry benefits for your health
3. Lowers ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol levels,
Four. It contributes to the control of glucose in fasting, as well as 2 hours after meals.
5. Its high concentration of carbohydrates, proteins and vegetable fat, gives you a lot of energy, which is why it is recommended for high-performance athletes.
6. Thanks to an acid, it has been shown to work to help damaged cells in the process of apoptosis, the body’s mechanism for eliminating ‘bad’ cells.
7. In addition, it is used in treatments to detoxify the body, and also promotes digestion.
You’re interested: Brazilian acai latte with basil
Benefits for your beauty
8. Acai berry improves hair growth and helps fight hair loss.
9. It works as an anti-aging therapy by nourishing the skin. Therefore, in dermatological treatments supplements with acai extract are used.
10. Finally, it helps to regenerate and accelerate the healing process on the skin.
You cannot miss: What are the fruits of the forest with the most antioxidants?
The best way to consume acai berry
The nutrients are found in the pulp and skin (peel) of the fruit, so it is recommended to eat it in its natural form. You can add a handful of acai to your yogurt or in a smoothie.
Currently it is common to find it as the main ingredient in a wide variety of nutritional supplements (drinks, powders, capsules, tablets).
Discover more great foods for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen