If you like its flavor, wait until you know all the cocoa benefits for your health. We tell you what they are so that you never lack this food in your life.
It may interest you: Why say yes to chocolate?
The cocoa, better known as ‘the food of the gods’, is a fruit from the cocoa tree. The product that results from the fermentation and drying of its seed is also called cocoa, which is why it is a basic component of chocolate.
The 3 best known products that are extracted from this seed are: liquor, butter and cocoa powder (cocoa).
Don’t Miss: Eating Dark Chocolate Can Save You
Know the benefits of cocoa
It provides you with 50% fat in the form of butter, between 11 and 12% proteins, 7 and 8% starch, and the rest is made up of water, fiber, essential organic acids and in smaller quantities it has sugar, theobromine, caffeine, and 300 other substances. The highest magnesium content is found mainly in its raw form.
- High in antioxidants: ecacao is as rich in antioxidants as green tea and red wine.
- Relieve the stress: Thanks to the theobromine, which stimulates the central nervous system, and is milder than caffeine, cocoa helps you reduce your stress levels with a longer effect.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: The consumption of dark chocolate with 60 or 70% cocoa can reduce the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good (HDL).
- Relieves bad mood: Anandamide works as a natural mood regulator. It is used in patients with depression treatment, to manage aspects of the mood.
- Fight diseases: Thanks to its antioxidants, cocoa is associated with the prevention of oxidative stress pathologies, such as cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, liver, gastric, colon cancer, and diabetes.
- Works as a diuretic: the theobromine contained in cocoa cares for the kidneys, being a relative of caffeine, it increases urine production.
- Hydration of the body: cocoa is a super ingredient in topical products, it has hydration benefits for the hair and the reduction of cellulite.
- Against skin cancer: cocoa is a great antioxidant for the skin, thanks to its flavonoids that protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Excellent for sexual performance: cocoa chemicals such as phenylethylamine and serotonin are neurotransmitters responsible for stimulating endorphins in the brain responsible for feelings of well-being, pleasure, euphoria and excitement.
You’re interested in: Chocolate flan with walnut and cream
Benefits of cocoa and the best way to eat it
Consume it in liquid form, that is, dissolved in milk or water, and hot. According to a study done in New York, a cup of soluble cocoa has been shown to be the beverage that contains the highest concentration of antioxidants.
You can’t miss: Chocolate lovers, they weigh less!
How much cocoa can you eat?
1 to 2 ounces, 2 to 3 times a week, in either a cocoa powder or dark chocolate drink. We have delicious recipes for you to try it and also enjoy its benefits.
Discover more foods good for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen